What is the Equity Release Qualification?
21 June 2019
If you’d like to broaden your service offering, attract more clients and boost your CV, you could tick all of these boxes by studying for an equity release qualification.
Why study for an equity release qualification?
If you’re already a qualified mortgage adviser, adding the ability to advise on equity release is a natural next step. Your skills and knowledge will help current and future clients to make decisions when it comes to releasing capital in their property.
The ability to offer this professional advice will help you attract and retain clients, building long lasting professional relationships. Of course it also goes without saying that with a greater range of services, you increase the ways you are able to earn money.
What is the Certificate in Regulated Equity Release?
The Certificate in Regulated Equity Release (CeRER) is an FCA-approved level 3 qualification. It is studied in two units which each culminate in a multiple choice test:
– Unit 1 – Fundamentals of Equity Release (FOER)
– Unit 2 – Equity Release Solutions (EQRS)
Once you successfully complete your exams, you meet the requirements to professionally advise clients on products such as lifetime mortgages and home reversion plans.
The CeRER is a popular course with those wishing to become qualified in equity release because it is a thorough, highly regarded course with high pass rates.
The benefits of the CeRER
There are many benefits to becoming CeRER qualified:
• Increase your knowledge and develop your expertise
• Add the designation ‘CeRER’ after your name
• Enhance your CV
• Broaden your service offering to include advice on equity release products
• Attract new clients and retain existing ones with the ability to offer additional, specialist services
• Gain an even greater understanding of the financial services industry and how different products/services complement one another
Who’s eligible to study the CeRER?
The CeRER is the perfect follow-on course for qualified mortgage advisers. In order to begin studying, you must already be CeMAP qualified (or equivalent).
You must also:
• Be aged 17+
• Have a good level of English
• Have access to a computer and the internet for the duration of study
If you already hold a CeMAP and meet the above criteria, you’ve got everything you need to take the next step.
Find out more
If you’d like to become qualified with the ability to offer advice on equity release, the Certificate in Regulated Equity Release is the course for you. To find out more and discuss how Simply Academy can help you reach your goals, get in touch. Our friendly, knowledgeable team are on hand to answer all your questions.Back to News