Insurance Practitioner Apprenticeship
Open all year round
Certificate in Insurance (CertCII)
An Insurance Practitioner apprenticeship will allow someone to learn about the industry and potentially lead them to a career in, for example, underwriting, client relations, or insurance claims. This apprenticeship is ideal to give new entrants the skills and knowledge they need to advance in the insurance sector and is open to both new and existing employees of all ages.
Typical job roles for individuals studying this programme include Insurance Practitioner, Customer Adviser, Insurance Administrator, Claims Handler, Insurance Broker, Insurance Technician and Insurance Underwriter.
What will the apprentice learn?
The apprentice will follow an approved study programme leading to the industry recognised industry qualification CertCII, along with developing the necessary business and behavioural skills for the role.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Broad understanding of the structure of the Financial Services market
- An understanding of the Financial Services regulatory framework, products & systems
- The importance of relationship building with clients and colleagues
- Understanding of processes and procedures relevant to the role
- How to develop commercial awareness
- Building skills and capabilities within an organisation
The Apprentice is assigned a dedicated experienced mentor to guide them through the programme. Regular scheduled interactions with the apprentice ensure they are developing the Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours required to become competent in the role.
To help prepare the apprentice for their professional qualification, Apprentices are provided with a comprehensive resource package, alongside a structured study plan supported by revision sessions with our experienced tutors.
Ensuring you choose the right training provider to complete your programme is important. As the largest training provider of financial qualifications in the UK, all Simply Academy apprentices have the assurance of studying with a reputable training provider with over 15 years’ experience within financial services.
Over 20000 people have studied with us, so you can have confidence in our experience.
Our carefully selected training consultants are amongst the most knowledgeable in the industry.
We are Government backed and approved by professional institutions.
This Insurance Practitioner Apprenticeship provides the competencies which will be achieved as part of an introduction to the industry and which will be transferable across future roles.
This apprenticeship provides professional membership of the Chartered Insurance Institute.
To be eligible for an apprenticeship the learner must:
- Not be in full-time education.
- Work in a role that is relevant to their apprenticeship.
- Work enough paid hours each week to undertake sufficient training to achieve their apprenticeship.
- be new employees or current employees already working for you.
- Hold 5 GCSEs (A* to C or 9 to 5) or equivalent.
- Have level 2 GCSE English and Maths or equivalent.
- Have been a resident in the UK/EEA/EU for the last 3 years.