Financial Adviser Apprenticeship
Open all year round
Diploma for Financial Planning (CII) or Diploma for Financial Advisers (LIBF)
The Financial Adviser apprenticeship standard is designed for apprentice with no experience, although it could also act as a progression opportunity for those in other roles such as financial services administrator, mortgage advisers or paraplanner.
The apprenticeship structure is an excellent way for candidates to gain experience, confidence, and a highly relevant qualification. Financial Advisers who have gone through apprenticeship training are rounded and ready for a rewarding, challenging career.
What will the apprentice learn?
The apprentice will follow an approved study programme leading to an industry recognised qualification such as DipFP (CII) or DipFA (LIBF), along with developing the necessary business and behavioural skills for the role.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Broad understanding of the structure of the Financial Services market
- An understanding of the Financial Services regulatory framework, products & systems
- The importance of relationship building with clients and colleagues
- Understanding of processes and procedures relevant to the role
- How to develop commercial awareness
- Building skills and capabilities within an organisation
The Apprentice is assigned a dedicated experienced mentor to guide them through the programme. Regular scheduled interactions with the apprentice ensure they are developing the Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours required to become competent in the role.
To help prepare the apprentice for their professional qualification, Apprentices are provided with a comprehensive resource package, alongside a structured study plan supported by revision sessions with our experienced tutors.
Ensuring you choose the right training provider to complete your programme is important. As the largest training provider of financial qualifications in the UK, all Simply Academy apprentices have the assurance of studying with a reputable training provider with over 15 years’ experience within financial services.
Over 20000 people have studied with us, so you can have confidence in our experience.
Our carefully selected training consultants are amongst the most knowledgeable in the industry.
We are Government backed and approved by professional institutions.
Upon completion of this Apprenticeship, the apprentice could progress to become a Chartered Financial Planner.
To be eligible for an apprenticeship the learner must:
- Not be in full-time education.
- Work in a role that is relevant to their apprenticeship.
- Work enough paid hours each week to undertake sufficient training to achieve their apprenticeship.
- be new employees or current employees already working for you.
- Hold 5 GCSEs (A* to C or 9 to 5) or equivalent.
- Have level 2 GCSE English and Maths or equivalent.
- Have been a resident in the UK/EEA/EU for the last 3 years.