Employers pay just 5% towards apprenticeship training

18 April 2019

A red 3D 5% symbol

From 1st April 2019, the rate of employer contributions paid towards apprenticeships has been halved.

The changes mean that non-levy paying employers who share the cost of apprenticeships with the government under a co-investment will now benefit from paying a reduced rate of just 5%, while the government will pay the remaining 95% contribution towards the apprenticeship training and assessment costs, up to the funding band maximum.

This is great news for employers, creating an attractive incentive to use apprenticeships to boost the skillset of their employees and help their businesses grow with only a minimal cost to them. An apprentice can be recruited, helping employers obtain fresh talent, or an existing employee can be put on to programme, giving someone who understands how your company works a helping hand to upskill and ultimately improve your business. For smaller companies who do not pay into the levy fund, this reduction in contribution makes the possibility of developing a strong skilled, highly qualified workforce more realistic.

Simply Academy are specialists in financial training and apprenticeships with a wealth of industry knowledge and expertise. Not only do we provide expert training to complete our industry recognised apprenticeship programmes, but we also help with recruitment and funding to ensure your apprentice becomes a fully qualified, invaluable member of your organisation. For more information on the funding reduction, or to start the apprenticeship process for your business, please contact our team – [email protected] or call 0808 208 0002 (freephone).

Simply Academy is accredited as a trusted partner by The London Institute of Banking & Finance
Simply Academy is trusted by the Education & Skills Funding Agency
Simply Academy awarded the Highest Rated Courses Brilliance Award 2019 from CourseCheck
Simply Academy is FSQS (Financial Services Qualification System) registered

Get Course Information

Fields marked with a * are mandatory

    Please select the sector you are interested in:*

    We will use your contact details to send information that relates to the sector(s) selected.

    Please see our Privacy Policy for details on how we handle your data.

    Please enable Javascript in order to successfully submit this form.


    0808 208 0002 (freephone)

    Let’s talk. We’re open Mon-Fri 9am to 5.30pm

    Thank you for contacting Simply Academy.

    Your enquiry has been received and a member of the Student Support Team will be in touch with you shortly to discuss your training requirements, but if you need to reach us in the meantime, please call 0808 208 0002 (freephone) or email [email protected] for assistance.